Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Inventions

http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/exhibitions/starrymessenger/images/1181732.jpg
I actually created the armillary sphere which helped represent the universe with the planets globes. I had created many in my studies to help me visualize what I was trying to prove. I am a well respected astronomer, where I had invented the theory that the sun was the center of the universe. I published my theory in the De revolutionibus orbium coelestium (On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres). I had divided my book into six sections explaining my theory and helping others understand my research for the future. This invention had create the beginning of astronomer's research. After my discovery other astronomers could finally continue with their research correctly and efficiently. Knowing my research other astronomers were given more exact locations to their studies. Before my research I don't believe that astronomers could be as accurate. With my information my colleges could use my calculations to get a more exact destination on their research. Though I do admit my research was slightly off since my discovery claimed that the planets moved in circular motions. It was not until a fellow astronomer named Kepler advanced my research proving that the planetary movements were in fact elliptical. Though without my research he would have never discovered such a thing and would have never become famous. Though I congratulate all of my successful colleagues that were able to help the world evolve advance and grow. I am glad that my love for astronomy has helped benefit the world in ways I do not know. Though, I regret publishing my work the year of my death, because I could have improved my research and continued to help man-kind.

3 comments: