Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My discoveries



http://0.tqn.com/d/astrology/1/0/a/4/-/-/Copernicus.jpg
One day when I was studying our atmosphere. I discovered something that other people believed to be irrational. I decided to criticize and completely changed the Ptolemaic system though I had done so almost before my death. I had discovered the heliocentric system which states that the sun stayed motionless at the center of the universe and not the earth. I realized that the earth had turned on its own little axis. Every one full turn was 24 hours and rotates around the sun every 365 days. This is where we got our time of day as well as the days in a year. My work is more hypothetical though now a day’s people say I had used the Pythagorean calculations to come up with my research. Though I was timid I was almost less accurate than the Ptolemaic system because I insisted on circular orbits. I had also organized the order of the whole solar system and managed to come up with the planetary movements. From this discovery I gained the name Father of modern astronomy. Since I was bashful I was very secretive about my work that just helped me increase in popularity back in the day. I had done countless observations and was known as a revolutionary figure all just because of my discovery of the heliocentric system. This discovery had given me respect from others and recognition for my discovery. Though this discovery had also brought me misfortune as well, I was said to have destroyed astronomy and corrupted the people's mind. Even so I am proud of my accomplishment.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nicolaus Copernicus,
    Ah my dear friend Copernicus, it is true that we do not know each other but I assure you that I am an advocate of your work. I like you, am also an astrologer. Obviously, I am not an astrologer of your caliber but still I wish to learn astrology from you. I am happy to say that I use astrology in the various medical discoveries that I find and I believe that your concept of the heliocentric theory can help me achieve more. I know that many people don't side with you because they are irrational but I am no such thing. I am willing to converse with you in how your new discoveries of the heliocentric system can help my medical research. If you do so, I shall become an advocate of your ideals.
    Sincerely, Paracelsus

    ReplyDelete